Just sharing some TIME SENSITIVE information during harsh economic and harsh times for youth humanity in Chicago.
If you know a young person between the ages of 18-21 – PLEASE pass this on.
THERE ARE ONLY 2 HOURS LEFT TO SUBMIT… I just received this in an email and had to share.
Info below is from a colleague… read carefully and follow instructions. DO NOT contact ME(FOXBROWNFOX) about these opps, I’m just a messenger.
I have just been contacted by a representative for the Chicago Park District and Put Illinois to Work Program. Chicago Park District is seeking 320 workers 18-21 year olds to be placed at the various CHICAGO PARK DISTRICTS only. These prospects need to be able to pass a background Check and Direct Screening.
The turnaround on this is very short, and with the holiday coming, I would need their names and numbers by COB Wednesday May 26, 2009.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday June 1.
Participant benefits include:
- Up to six months of income
- The chance to learn and/or develop usable skills
- Connections with employers
- The opportunity to engage in meaningful employment
- Securing valuable work experience
Employer benefits include:
- 100% wage subsidy for eligible participants
- The chance to increase your agency’s capacity
- The option to hire a participant you can train, and
- subsequently hire in an unsubsidized position
- The opportunity to expand your workforce
- The ability to provide appropriate supervision and on the job training
- Be 18-21 years old, residing with a parent or caretaker guardian
- Your household income must be below 200 percent of the Federal Poverty Level
- You must be a U.S. citizen or authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must pass Chicago Park District Background Check and Screening
Reminder: if they go thru the Put Illinois to work program thru another agency, they will NOT be placed in Chicago Park District.
This is directly thru Heartland Alliance.
Also, If you would like to become a worksite for the Put Illinois to Work Program, contact CAPs at 773-468-1993
Please email or Fax the completed form provided ASAP!!!!! FAX to 773-445-9818