So you’re sitting there sifting through email after email asking you to contribute to various causes.
You want to help someone, but you would love to be able to ‘see and feel’ the actual effect of your giving.
Look no further!
Support a group of 12 young men, embarking on a mission to press in and develop their skills, understanding, and leadership abilities.
Their mission – to raise the bar for men of color in the advertising world.
I can hear you thinking, hmm, sounds good Fox… how can I be down?
First – watch the video:
If you’re in the Dallas area – you can support in person and have the chance to meet and greet the players at their fundraiser:
THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN
Saturday May 1, 2010
The Tastemaker’s Suite
1409 S. Lamar #111
Dallas, TX 75215
9am to 6pm
Description: This event is purposed to provide over a dozen young men the tools that they need to CREATE, THINK & LIVE, as they spend 10-weeks developing their careers and changing the world of media. In order to do this, they will need your support. We invite those in the Dallas area to come recharge your Soul, Body and Mind in a gifting lounge experience that we have created in appreciation of your support in providing our young leaders with the resources that they need for the summer. Event schedule and details on our website.
For those not in Dallas, you can still participate by giving online. You may donate online, by logging on to: http://www.marcusgrahamproject.org and click the Pay Pal DONATE button on the right hand side of the site. We will accept donations of any amount, as it will ALL help our leaders achieve their goals. (Note: the average donation amount is $100) If you have any questions please call 214-810-6475 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . If you would like to ship items, you may do so to: The Marcus Graham Project 1409 S. Lamar #111, Dallas, TX 75215.
We are collecting the following items for our summer bootcamp:
- Three (3) Laptops (New, Gently Used or Refurbished)
- Notebooks/ Sketchpads/Pens
- HD Video Camera/ Digital SLR Camera (Canon 5D preferred)
- Software (Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut Pro)
- Eight (8) Travel Scholarships ($250 Each – 5 Roundtrip flights, 3 gift cards for Gas)
- Gift Cards for Meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) for 12
- Gift Cards to Wal-Mart or Target for Toiletry Items for 9
- Beds, Cots, Futons, Air Mattresses for 9
- Bedding (Sheets, Comfortable) for 9
- Bottled Water, Fans (Items to help with the TX Heat)
- Dressers or Storage Containers
- Bath Towels for 9
- 12 DART (Public Transportation) Monthly Passes
- Kitchen Supplies (dishes, cooking utensils, pots/pans)
- Sofas/Futons/Chairs (3)
*many of these items can be found at Wal-Mart & Target, however we will accept used items
- Books (including: Emotional Branding, How Brands Gain the Irrational Edge by Darryl Travis; Truth, Lies & Advertising by Jon Steel; Hey, Whipple, Squeeze This: A Guide to Creating Great Advertising by Luke Sullivan (Third Edition); or other books that could benefit their learning
- Informative marketing case studies, presentations, decks
- DVDs/Links to relevant documentaries, speeches or presentations