Originally posted on The Brand Agent:
To remove the mystery, avoid common mistakes, and save time, always use a professional for music clearances.
Music can be used to emotionally connect consumers to a brand. But music clearance is a time-consuming, detail-oriented process. Experienced brand marketers know the value of using a professional to help.
Music clearance consists of five areas:
- Determining what permissions are needed to make use of a piece of music
- Ascertaining the owner(s) of the music
- Contacting rights owners and negotiating an appropriate license
- Administrating written agreements
- Handling other functions related to use and licensing of music.
Music Clearance obtains permission from the owner of a song (the people who wrote it) or a master recording (the people who recorded it), which you would like to use.
For every song written, any number of artists may have made their own recording. As an example, “White Christmas” has been recorded by Bing Crosby, The…
View original 387 more words